Sign in to follow this  
Jasmine_315

Target Release Date for new Rosacea medicine

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard about that new Collagenex drug that is currently in I think, it's Phase 2 clinical trials for Acne and Rosacea, Incyclinide? I have used Oracea in the past and it did nothing for me. I am currently on about a two-month course of oral Prednisone, along with daily Clonidine for flushing. I get Laser treatments about every two months. It all works, but I am really counting on this new oral medication. Does anyone else tire of using topicals over and over?

Jasmine :Whew:

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard about that new Collagenex drug that is currently in I think, it's Phase 2 clinical trials for Acne and Rosacea, Incyclinide? I have used Oracea in the past and it did nothing for me. I am currently on about a two-month course of oral Prednisone, along with daily Clonidine for flushing. I get Laser treatments about every two months. It all works, but I am really counting on this new oral medication. Does anyone else tire of using topicals over and over?

Jasmine :Whew:

Incyclinide is an altered form of tetrecycline with antiinflammatory effects, but no anti-biotic effects. The indications are that this is a very powerful and since it is not an antibiotic, it should not cause yeast infectionss or ingender resistence. It remains to be seen if there are other side effects. Indications are it will prove to be a stronger anti-inflammatory drug than the sub-antimicrobial dosing of doxycycline (oracea) I have not done any of these trials myself....and this is all second hand information!