PubMed RSS Feed - -Tear Osmolarity and Tear Film Parameters in Patients With Ocular Rosacea.

rss

http:--pt.wkhealth.com-pt-pt-core-templa Related Articles

Tear Osmolarity and Tear Film Parameters in Patients With Ocular Rosacea.

Eye Contact Lens. 2015 Oct 27;

Authors: Karaman Erdur S, Eliacik M, Kocabora MS, Balevi A, Demirci G, Ozsutcu M, Gulkilik G, Aras C

Abstract
OBJECTIVES: The aim of this study was to evaluate tear osmolarity and tear film parameters in patients with ocular rosacea.
METHODS: In a single center, 25 eyes of 25 patients with ocular rosacea (group 1), 25 eyes of 25 patients with rosacea without ocular involvement (group 2), and 20 eyes of 20 healthy individuals (group 3) were evaluated using the Ocular Surface Disease Index (OSDI) questionnaire, Schirmer I test, tear film break-up time (TBUT), scoring of ocular surface fluorescein staining using modified Oxford scale, and tear osmolarity.
RESULTS: Tear osmolarity values, OSDI and Oxford scale scores were significantly higher in group 1 than in groups 2 and 3 (P<0.001 for all). Schirmer I test and TBUT in group 1 were significantly lower than in groups 2 and 3 (P<0.001 for all). There were no significant differences in OSDI, Schirmer I test, TBUT, Oxford scores, or tear osmolarity between groups 2 and 3 (P=0.629, P=0.175, P=0.713, P=865, and P=0.388, respectively).
CONCLUSIONS: This study showed that ocular rosacea is associated with tear hyperosmolarity and tear film dysfunction.

PMID: 26513720 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

{url} = URL to article