Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine)

plaquenil.png

"I tried every cream imaginable; the list of creams I didn't try is shorter. I went for 13 years without a full remission; started getting the rash really bad when I was a handsome young man, and it really was tough on my self esteem. It did a number on my face, and began to cover my scalp too.

The only thing that finally worked for me with long lasting, real remission, is plaquenil. My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner. Much, much sooner.

In hindsight, I think it was likely lupus all along, and my experience really has me questioning how many other people with "rosaceae" are just lupus sufferers.

I would encourage folks here to do an honest self audit to reconcile any symptoms that may be similar to lupus and connect the dots. And whatever you do, whatever your gut tells you, please don't give up on finding a lasting resolution.

Even if I don't have lupus, the treatment for it resolved my horrible, red, burning, painful, embarrassing rash. I don't really care what we call it because I'm able to look in the mirror again. And Im feeling my age again.

I hope everyone here finds a lasting remission. Don't stop until you do." Duff Man post no 221 on 4/17/2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine

Hydroxychloroquine is a novel therapeutic approach for rosacea.

Mepacrine

Virus has never been ruled out in rosacea. 

Duff Man told us in 2017 that Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine) which has been used to treat lupus works for rosacea. A recent paper published confirms this and states, " Finally, the 8-week HCQ treatment exerted satisfactory therapeutic effects on erythema and inflammatory lesions of rosacea patients, indicating that it is a promising drug for rosacea in clinical treatment." Since Hydroxychlorquine is available in a generic prescription and is available around the world in such brand names as Plaquenil, Hydroquin, Axemal, Dolquine, Quensyl, and Quinoric rosaceans can refer to this paper and ask their physician for a prescription for an eight week course. We should be hearing reports whether others report success with this treatment. Please post your experience in this thread. 

Hydroxychloroquine Suppresses LL37-induced Mast Cells

Mepacrine

The president announced on March 19, 2020 that hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) has been approved by the FDA to treat COVID-19. 

CNN has a followup report on this

There is a paper that indicates using Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat rosacea "exerted satisfactory therapeutic effects on erythema and inflammatory lesions of rosacea patients, indicating that it is a promising drug for rosacea in clinical treatment." Duff Man told us about this a while back that it worked for him

Wouldn't it be incredible if any rosaceans who are treated with hydroxycholoroquine for COVID-19 also discovered that their rosacea improves or clears up! Is virus involved in rosacea?  If you do take hydroxycholoroquine and your rosacea improves, please let us know.

Yes, because its all about immune system and HCQ does modulate the immune system in various ways and regulate the overactivity of immune system in some conditions. Not only does it work in getting rid of symptoms but it actually works behind the disease cause.

"In a statement released Sunday night, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced it had received 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate and one million doses of hloroquine phosphate donated to a national stockpile of potentially life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, which are oral prescription drugs used primarily to prevent and treat malaria, are both being investigated as potential therapeutics for COVID-19."

Coronavirus live updates: FDA gives anti-malaria drugs emergency approval to treat COVID-19
The two drugs are being investigated as potential treatments for COVID-19., By Morgan Winsor and Emily Shapiro, March 30, 2020, 8:05 AM, ABC News

FDA Letter