Sign in to follow this  
Brady Barrows

Keeping the RRDi Going As A Non Profit

The RRDi was legally formed as a 501 c 3 non profit organization for rosacea in 2004. Setting up a non profit is not for the timid or faint of heart. What I have found is that most rosacea sufferers could care less how a non profit spends is donations. Case in point is how the NRS spends its donations (if you do care read this page). I have done a great deal of investigation into non profits and how they spend their donations and you can read the results of this investigation if you are interested in this thread

If you think that the RRDi mission statement and purpose is a good idea and want to keep the RRDi going someone really has to take over and carry the baton since I am now 67 years old, have a heart condition, and basically keeping this ship floating pretty much by myself. The other members of the board of directors have their own lives and can give very little volunteer time to the RRDi. We need some board members that are active. 

I have reached out to others but there are not many who can volunteer as I have done for all these years. Basically what you have is three non profits for rosacea, the RRDi, the NRS, and the AARS. The RRDi is the only non profit organized by rosacea sufferers. The other two non profits are organized by non rosacea sufferers. If you think the RRDi is a good idea and should continue and grow into a better organization some of you must step up to the plate and start swinging. Otherwise, the RRDi is going to dissolve. So think about it and let me know if you can help. I need help and this is a call to arms. 

Hi Brady,

In what capacity can members participate? I have limited time but would be open to getting involved somehow. 

~Andrea

On 11/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, Asugarplum said:

Hi Brady,

In what capacity can members participate? I have limited time but would be open to getting involved somehow. 

~Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Could use a moderator.

I sent you an email.