Sign in to follow this  
Admin

What is the criteria for using laser, IPL, LED, or other light devices in rosacea?

I have been troubled to understand what the criteria is in determining when physicians choose to use laser, IPL, LED, or other light devices to treat rosacea?

Could you help understand when laser would be appropriate, when IPL would be the choice, when LED treatment would be used, or any other light devices?

I have been troubled to understand what the criteria is in determining when physicians choose to use laser, IPL, LED, or other light devices to treat rosacea?

Could you help understand when laser would be appropriate, when IPL would be the choice, when LED treatment would be used, or any other light devices?

I am afraid that head to head comparisons between devices produced by different manufacturers and different laser and IPL devices are rare. The key concept is selecctive photothermolysis. A green light source, whether produced by a laser, or filtered to the right wavelength as in IPL has the potential for helping fade the redness of rosacea. The device used on a patient is most likely to be the device that they have in their office....the one they have experience using. I have no doubt that there is more than one way to skin this cat. Having said that, some cosmetic dermatologists have multiple devices and would develop a sense of which laser might be useful for deeper or larger vessels, etc. I am not expert in this area and will leave it to others to comment further!