ElaineA Borax Bath for Demodectic Rosacea

Guide

• Root Admin

ElaineA recommends:  

For a standard 5 foot bath tub:

1. Fill tub with pleasantly warm water. If the water is too hot, you may pass out or get over heated. Its not the heat its the borax that will kill the mites.

2. Add 1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax (available at Kroger for about $3).

3. Add 1 cup of Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts with Moisturizing Avocado Oil (about $5 at Kroger) . This ingredient will make your skin moist but the borax is more important.

4. Swirl the water in the tub and break up any lumps in the borax so that it disolves.

5. Get in tub, use the water to shampoo your hair and scalp too. Borax is a good and simple DIY shampoo. It is also a good water softener.

6. Soak in tub for 30 minutes.

Another version found here

ElaineA has also posted a helpful post about using Boric Acid, Zinc, Sulphur, Menthol.

For those who may not be able to purchase 20 Mule Team Borax (i.e. UK rosaceans) ElaineA recommends Boric Acid Powder and Glycerin (If needed follow with a dilute Cider Vinegar rinse to rebalance your skin pH if needed. )

How to Apply Boric Acid Powder to the Face : Makeup Maven YouTube Video

Etcetera

Borax in water cured my rosacea

Reply to this Topic

There is a reply to this topic button somewhere on the device you are reading this post. 

• Guide pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Thanks ElaineA for your bath recipe. I have now been doing your bath recipe for about five days each evening and notice it does indeed help my scalp SD issues and I use a wash cloth and wash my face with the bath water and my face seems to really be better with this bath. I think totally soaking in your bath recipe is worth it and recommend others try it. I am using the Equate Brand Epsom Salt since it is cheaper than Dr. Teals. I do use the 20 Mule Team Borax soap. 

I am so happy to hear the Borax - Epsom Salt soak is helping you!   Thank you for letting us know.  It is also helpful to know that the Equate Brand Epsom Salt works - always good to save money.  Please keep us posted as to how this works out for you.  That shared knowledge can help us all.

• Guide unpinned this topic