Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Just Venting

Just thought I would vent a little since, after all, I founded the RRDi, and no one hardly ever posts, even though there are over 1200+ members, and we know  that many are viewing the posts since we have counters showing the number of views, so we know that rosacea sufferers are learning about rosacea from our website. So I posted about this a while back, Where Have All the Rosaceans Gone?, back in February 2018, which did elicit one reply from RedMage, which is much appreciated, and has as of this date 96 views, so the odds are 1 in 96 that someone will reply to this post. So I have been posting some at Reddit and Facebook to see what is going on, and am appalled at the lack of basic rosacea knowledge, so I have been trying to educate rosaceans and, got  a disparaging post from a Reddit poster who I had commended for some good investigative reporting on finding that Soolantra isn't really using Cetaphil as  its 'vehicle base' [1] and was told that "the Rosacea Research & Development Institute (RRDi) is a sham 'institute' operating from a PO Box that conducts no research or development, hasn't published a journal since 2010, and doesn't even publish its 990s like any reputable 501(c)(3) public charity would be expected to. You're not fooling anyone." That really made my day. Here I have devoted countless volunteer hours trying to make the RRDi a non profit rosacea patient advocacy organization and this certainly made me feel blue. It still boggles my mind that rosaceans continue to support and donate to the National Rosacea Society, which is the chief reason we formed the RRDi in 2004 (read this in case you haven't clue about this). Rosaceans actually prefer the NRS and how it spends its donations. Mind boggling to me. 

So just want you to know, that is the 96 that may view this post, that if some of you don't step up to the plate and start volunteering, posting and doing something as a member of the  RRDi that this non profit organization for rosacea may indeed have to close. Then all you got is the NRS, the AARS, and the ARSC. It really is up to you. And I don't mean up to others, I mean up to you. Oh, you will still have your Facebook and Reddit rosacea groups which is what most rosaceans prefer so you will be in good company. Is that really what you prefer?

[1] See end note [3] in this post

Hey Admin, It's completely nothing like that. Whenever I have anything to share and post, I always do. Today I found your post on fasting and I shared my experience with this post and was browsing something and I found NRS designated this month as rosacea month. SO I just shared that news in this forum and after posting that I found this post. I do not know about the donation and support to any organization, I only love to share and spread my knowledge.