Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Random flareup from steak alleviated with propranolol?

Recommended Posts

Ribeye-MCB-MaggieO.jpg
image Wikimedia Commons

Someone at RF posted a subject, 'Random flareup from steak alleviated with propranolol?' and here was my response

beherenow, glad the propranolol helped your flareup. 

It is important to eliminate what actual food is triggering your flareup, as well as defining the flareup, whether you mean a rosacea flareup or a flushing flareup, since flareup means different things to Rosaceans. For example, while you mention celery juice and a lot of water, understanding what an elimination diet is all about will help, since not everyone agrees what an elimination diet is. For example, there are a number of lists proposed what food/drink triggers rosacea, the most known list is the NRS list. Steak/hambuger is not on the list, and you would be hard pressed to find any rosacea trigger list or anecdotal report with steak/hamburger mentioned, but I urge you to find some to substantiate your suggestion. However, LIVER is at the top of the the NRS list. 

Trigger factors that are listed are all anecdotal or taken from patient histories and therefore possibly helpful, but extremely subjective. There has never been one rosacea diet trigger factor that produces a rosacea flareup in every rosacean, not one. Any proposed rosacea diet trigger is just that, a proposed factor. It may be helpful to others to read about such diet triggers to see if avoiding 'steak/hamburger' or whatever improves their rosacea flareups or it may not. For example, on the NRS list rosaceans have reported that Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach are "Factors That May Trigger Rosacea Flare-Ups," however, you will be hard pressed to find any clinical study indicating scientific proof, and the key word is MAY. 

Another factor to consider is that rosacea diet triggers may be cumulative over a certain number of days. You have to consider what you have been eating/drinking cumulatively over the last three to five days. For example, let's say you have been eating/drinking fruit smoothies as well as celery juice over the past three to five days and have accumulated a huge amount of fructose (which is converted to glucose) in your blood. Fructose, as well as any other sugar is also a rosacea diet trigger proposed by the RRDi which the NRS totally ignores. So there is a lot to consider in determining what is actually triggering your flareup when it comes to rosacea diet triggers. Drugs, and as you mentioned the environment, stress, and a lot other factors are proposed to be rosacea trigger factors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Admin said:

Ribeye-MCB-MaggieO.jpg
image Wikimedia Commons

Someone at RF posted a subject, 'Random flareup from steak alleviated with propranolol?' and here was my response

beherenow, glad the propranolol helped your flareup. 

It is important to eliminate what actual food is triggering your flareup, as well as defining the flareup, whether you mean a rosacea flareup or a flushing flareup, since flareup means different things to Rosaceans. For example, while you mention celery juice and a lot of water, understanding what an elimination diet is all about will help, since not everyone agrees what an elimination diet is. For example, there are a number of lists proposed what food/drink triggers rosacea, the most known list is the NRS list. Steak/hambuger is not on the list, and you would be hard pressed to find any rosacea trigger list or anecdotal report with steak/hamburger mentioned, but I urge you to find some to substantiate your suggestion. However, LIVER is at the top of the the NRS list. 

Trigger factors that are listed are all anecdotal or taken from patient histories and therefore possibly helpful, but extremely subjective. There has never been one rosacea diet trigger factor that produces a rosacea flareup in every rosacean, not one. Any proposed rosacea diet trigger is just that, a proposed factor. It may be helpful to others to read about such diet triggers to see if avoiding 'steak/hamburger' or whatever improves their rosacea flareups or it may not. For example, on the NRS list rosaceans have reported that Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach are "Factors That May Trigger Rosacea Flare-Ups," however, you will be hard pressed to find any clinical study indicating scientific proof, and the key word is MAY. 

Another factor to consider is that rosacea diet triggers may be cumulative over a certain number of days. You have to consider what you have been eating/drinking cumulatively over the last three to five days. For example, let's say you have been eating/drinking fruit smoothies as well as celery juice over the past three to five days and have accumulated a huge amount of fructose (which is converted to glucose) in your blood. Fructose, as well as any other sugar is also a rosacea diet trigger proposed by the RRDi which the NRS totally ignores. So there is a lot to consider in determining what is actually triggering your flareup when it comes to rosacea diet triggers. Drugs, and as you mentioned the environment, stress, and a lot other factors are proposed to be rosacea trigger factors.

Yes, I had also mentioned this in my previous post quoting someone's question about tobacco and cigar causing him rosacea and I had said that you have to figure it out which food or item is triggering your rosacea and I had given my example of leaving non-veg (pointing out meat) which was causing me flare-ups and then recently I read about red meat causes skin inflammation. So the point is if any food items or drinks or smoke are triggering your rosacea and are not listed anywhere but you have to keep an eye on your diet because everyone's body reacts differently to what  they eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, Apurva Tathe said:

Yes, I had also mentioned this in my previous post quoting someone's question about tobacco and cigar causing him rosacea and I had said that you have to figure it out which food or item is triggering your rosacea and I had given my example of leaving non-veg (pointing out meat) which was causing me flare-ups and then recently I read about red meat causes skin inflammation. So the point is if any food items or drinks or smoke are triggering your rosacea and are not listed anywhere but you have to keep an eye on your diet because everyone's body reacts differently to what  they eat.

Apurva, 

You may be interested in reading this post, Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach, in the research articles section of our website to get an understanding between the difference of a rosacea flareup trigger vs a flushing trigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Admin said:

Apurva, 

You may be interested in reading this post, Liver, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Cheese, Eggplant, and Spinach, in the research articles section of our website to get an understanding between the difference of a rosacea flareup trigger vs a flushing trigger

Yes admin I had learned about the difference when I got rosacea sometimes It was sudden intense redness and bump and sometimes it was episodic redness so I researched about it because it happens with me with the onset of autumn. When the autumn starts I get sudden intense flare with redness and bumps and then the redness and bumps last longer and take time to go and during full autumn and winter after that flare-up, I get short episodic flushing very frequently which looks like it is blushing. but it is all unexpected and unanticipated about its timing. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Apurva Tathe said:

Yes admin I had learned about the difference when I got rosacea sometimes It was sudden intense redness and bump and sometimes it was episodic redness so I researched about it because it happens with me with the onset of autumn. When the autumn starts I get sudden intense flare with redness and bumps and then the redness and bumps last longer and take time to go and during full autumn and winter after that flare-up, I get short episodic flushing very frequently which looks like it is blushing. but it is all unexpected and unanticipated about its timing. :) 

With regard to flushing, it would be good to read this post. There are a number of drugs used to avoid flushing. There are also a number of other non prescription treatments to avoid flushing which are found here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...