How to Wear Blush When You Have Naturally Flushed Skin

Guide

• Root Admin

"My skin is very dry so I never put makeup on without moisturizing first. In the summer I like to use a gel moisturizer that gets absorbed quickly and helps with redness, such as First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum." 

"I like to use Japonesque Colour Luminous Foundation in shade 02. It's great for dry skin because it gives a slightly dewy glow and doesn't cling to any dry patches." 

"Pick a highly pigmented blush in a color that doesn't match your skin's natural flush, such as a red that leans orange (like MAC Powder Blush in News Flash, $16 or NYX HD Blush in Crimson, $7) or perhaps a peachy coral (such as the one in the Tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette, $38)." 

"I like to use a very fluffy brush for this; a brush with very densely-packed bristles will deposit too much color. I use It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection #7 Brush; it's so soft." 

"I like to dot on NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Vanilla along with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Pearl and then blend them together on top of the blush, either with a concealer brush or by patting gently with a clean finger."

How To Wear Blush When You Have Naturally Flushed Skin, By KELLY DOUGHER, Bustle

The RRDi has collected a number of cosmetics to consider in your search by using our affiliate store

• Guide pinned this topic
  • Guide unpinned this topic