Baby Shampoo and Tea Tree Oil Regimen

Guide

• Root Admin

320px-Melaleuca_alternifolia_(Maria_Serena).jpg
Melaleuca alternifolia image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Found this post at healthboard.com

"My husband and I both have rosacea. We have used Metrogel daily for years and sometimes it would keep the rosacea under control and other times it would not.
I researched home remedies and this is what has worked for both of us. We no longer have to go to the dermatologist for an Rx for Metrogel. Please note that this is NOT a cure. We do this daily and then we have no recurrence of the rosacea. When I stopped using it, the rosacea would return after a few weeks.

I purchased a 12 ounce bottle of baby shampoo. It doesn't matter what brand as long as it is not too runny like water. Then I bought a 1 ounce bottle of 100% tea tree oil at Trader Joes. It doesn't matter where you buy your bottle of 100% tea tree oil. I poured about 1/3 of the 1 ounce bottle of tea tree oil into the 12 ounce bottle of baby shampoo. I then closed the cap of the baby shampoo and shook it really well. 

In the beginning when my rosacea was prevalent, every morning I would put some of the tea tree oil infused baby shampoo on those areas. I would leave it on while I brushed my teeth. I tried to keep it on for at least 5 minutes. Then I would rinse it off. That evening I would do it again and keep it on for at least 5 minutes. Then rinse off. After a few days I saw my rosacea disappear. When I stopped this treatment, the rosacea would ultimately return.

So now to keep my rosacea from returning I put on the tea tree oil infused baby shampoo every morning while I brush my teeth. I no longer need to put it on at night as the once daily application has kept my rosacea from returning. It is has been well over a year since the rosacea has resurfaced. 

My husband still continues to put his application of tea tree oil infused baby shampoo on twice a day because he gets good results and he doesn't want to chance it returning as his rosacea was far worse than mine.

This daily regime has worked for both my husband and I. If you choose to try this, I hope it works for you as well."

This probably would help improve demodectic rosacea

• 3 years later...
  • Root Admin

I decided to try this and bought the Tea Tree Essential Oil for $9 shown above and added one tablespoon into six ounces of baby shampoo and just tried my first treatment to my scalp and face. Kept this mixture on my scalp for five minutes and rinsed. Will update my progress. 

Update: 
Been using this for a month and definitely improves folliculitis. Highly recommend. My ratio now is three ounces of TTO to seven ounces of baby shampoo. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Root Admin
On 1/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, Sam_Allred said:

As a medical assistant for a dermatologist I worry about the added fragrance in the baby shampoo causing further irritation. 

I have been adding three ounces of tea tree oil to a ten ounce bottle of baby shampoo (removed three ounces of baby shampoo to allow for the three ounces of tea tree oil) and shake well before applying to my scalp and face/neck. I have no issues with the baby shampoo fragrance. This regimen I use twice each day (rinse the first application and reapply letting it soak for at least five minutes).