Atrophoderma Vermiculatum

Guide

• Root Admin

"Atrophoderma vermiculatum, known also as folliculitis ulerythematosa reticulata, is a rare, benign follicular disorder that primarily affects children. It is characterized by symmetric reticular or honeycomb atrophy of the cheeks that may extend to the ears and forehead. Atrophoderma vermiculatum, along with keratosis pilaris atrophicans faciei and keratosis pilaris spinulosa decalvans, represent clinical variants of keratosis pilaris atrophicans. Most cases are sporadic, but there have been reports of autosomal dominant inheritance. The defect is believed to be due to abnormal keratinization in the pilosebaceous follicle."

J Dermatol Case Rep. 2009 Dec 30; 3(4): 62–63.
Published online 2009 Dec 30. doi:  10.3315/jdcr.2009.1040
PMCID: PMC3163348; PMID: 21886736
A case of atrophoderma vermiculatum responding to systemic isotretinoin
Zoi Apalla, George Karakatsanis, Marina Papageorgiou, Chionati Kastoridou, and George Chaidemenos

Aaronj222 in post no 34 at the Rosacea Forum writes, "All my pores are very large too and inflamed. It only started happening since 6 months ago. I have a lot of small scars that look like huge pores, but they are way too big to be pores. I think they are from pores connecting and forming strange shapes. I have tried everything as well but I still see new ones appear every week."

Wikipedia says, "Atrophodermia vermiculata is also known as "Acne vermoulante", "Acne vermoulanti", "Atrophoderma reticulata symmetrica faciei", "Atrophoderma reticulatum", "Atrophoderma vermiculata", "Atrophoderma vermiculatum", "Atrophodermia reticulata symmetrica faciei", "Atrophodermia ulerythematosa", "Atrophodermie vermiculée des joues avec kératoses folliculaires", "Folliculitis ulerythema reticulata", "Folliculitis ulerythematous reticulata", "Folliculitis ulerythemosa", "Honeycomb atrophy", "Ulerythema acneforme" and "Ulerythema acneiforme"