Meat and Livestock Association of Australia

Guide

• Root Admin

Dr. Cordain suggested the following:

"Neil Mann's study was funded by the Meat and Livestock Association of Australia & cost about $100,000 and started with an n=47. I believe that a similar study could easily be pulled off with rosacea patients. A well executed pilot project would make a tempting carrot for further diet/rosacea projects..."

The two studies are the following:

Smith R, Mann N, Braue A, Varigos G. Low glycemic load, high protein diet lessens facial acne severity. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2005;14 Suppl:S97.

Smith R, Mann N, Braue A, Varigos G. The effect of a low glycemic load, high protein diet on hormonal markers of acne. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2005;14 Suppl:S43.

• Guests
Guest Jenny

Hi Brady

I'll look up the studies and see if we can do something similar with the Meat and Livestock Association of Australia.

Will report back when I've done some research on it.

Jenny

• 5 weeks later...
  • Guests

I have looked into this tonight, locating the studies and the info on how to apply. It appears that this may be more than I can take on right now. I have e-mailed all of the relevant info to one of our Grant Writers to see if she would like to take this project on board.

Perhaps I could be a participant in the study, if it needs to be based in Australia. I would certainly be a willing participant.

Will up-date when I hear back.

Jen

• Inactive Voting Member

Great, this looks really interesting, and right up my alley, so to speak! I am happy to take on this project.

First order of business would be to find our principal investigator. I will try first to contact the authors of the two acne studies to see if they are interested (unless the are other suggestions - who is Dr. Cordain?). This could easily be a graduate student project, especially if there is already grant-writing support!

Joanne

• Inactive Voting Member

I have drafted a letter to send to Dr Varigos to propose a study, which I've posted in the grant writers' private forum. Comments welcome!

I have also been reading up on some of Dr Cordain's work today, and it's great to see that what has been on my mind lately about human evolution and dietary changes has been elegantly written about (and expanded on) in his papers.

Good stuff this - we're lucky to have him on board!

Important Information

Terms of Use