Rosacea Photo Campaign

Guide

• Root Admin

Adrian,

I would like to propose that that the RRDi compose a rosacea photo campaign asking rosaceans to donate a photo of their rosacea face to the RRDi so we can choose the ones we would publish in our new brochure. Donors of such photos must understand that permission is being given to use the photo in any way the RRDi sees fit, for instance, on our web site or in a publication. We would also have to decide if the eyes should be blacked out or not.

I imagine that such a campaign, once announced and spread throughout the internet, would bring in dozens, if not more than enough photos to choose from for our brochure. The photo section in the Rosacea Forum is a good place to start to ask if we could use those photos, not to mention the rosacea yahoo groups.

• Guests
Guest Jenny

Hi Brady

I have posted in the Rosacea Forum, the Rosacea Support Group and also in this RRDi Forum asking for photos. I have had 4 responses but we truly need more, as we need clear photos of each of the current sub-types that appear to be agreed upon by the medical world, at this point in time.

I was just about to log off and jump into the Rosacea Forum and then the Rosacea Support Group to ask again.

Adrian, do you have any other ideas?

Jenny

Hi Brady

I have posted in the Rosacea Forum, the Rosacea Support Group and also in this RRDi Forum asking for photos. I have had 4 responses but we truly need more, as we need clear photos of each of the current sub-types that appear to be agreed upon by the medical world, at this point in time.

I was just about to log off and jump into the Rosacea Forum and then the Rosacea Support Group to ask again.

Adrian, do you have any other ideas?

Jenny

Really don;t know what to say. It's quite difficult to see your worst picture posted on brochures and websites. It's a difficult thing to ask someone.

Since forum members aren't really eager, maybe we could ask some of the doctors/derms that are closer to the rosacea world to share photos?

If a patient has given his consent to his doctor to use his pictures, can the doctor share the photos with a 3rd party?

Adrian

• Guests
Guest Jenny

Hi Adrian

I don't believe a doctor could supply a patient photo without direct consent on how it will be used. Personally, I would prefer to get the OK from the person directly.

I have posted again on the Rosacea Forum and the RSG specifically asking for a photo of Ocular Rosacea and full flush. I'm still working on the Rhinophyma photo. I have a few p&p photos to choose from now.

If any RRDi members can supply a photo, please e-mail me.

Jenny

• Guests
Guest warren

It would be good to have some excellent photos to show the different stages/subtypes of rosacea. We will slowly build up a library from the members here, but I think it would be best to get permission from a doctor (or the National Rosacea Society) as they will photos of appropriate quality.

• Guests
Guest Jenny

Second round of requests to the Rosacea Forum and the RSG have proven to be quite successful. I'm waiting on another two photos to be e-mailed to me and I've already sent one on to the graphic designer. We have two very good choices for p&p photos. Probably both could be used. I have also sent individual requests to people asking if they would allow the RRDi to use their photos.

If anyone has a friend with 'bad' Rosacea photos - flushing, ocular or rhino - please do ask them directly and forward those photos to me at funding@irosacea.org

Yes, eventually a library of photos would be fantastic to have in the RRDi web site.

Jenny

• Root Admin
It would be good to have some excellent photos to show the different stages/subtypes of rosacea. We will slowly build up a library from the members here, but I think it would be best to get permission from a doctor (or the National Rosacea Society) as they will photos of appropriate quality.

All we need is permission from the individual that the RRDi may publish the photo. Why would the NRS or a doctor need to be involved? We could publish each photo as we see fit either in print, pdf, or on the web, if we have written permission from the individual. We need to keep all the permission emails in a safe place. If something comes up we need each photo categorized, labeled with an identity number or referrence to who gave the permission.

And Warren, do you know how to fix the "quote" error we are getting? Steve has been busy and can't get around to fixing this.

• Guests
Guest Jenny

I have filed all e-mails of permission for the use of photos. I am very pedantic about record keeping. Once the final photos are decided upon, I can send the relevant e-mails to our Secretary, so that it is all in one place.

Jenny

• Guests
Guest Jenny

Queston: Should I draft a standard permission document to be e-mailed to all of the people who have given permission to use their photos - to be signed, scanned and e-mailed back to me? Or would a simple chatty back and forth set of e-mails between myself and each of the people who have agreed to provide their photo be enough?

I don't really want to get too bogged down with 'paper' work - I've got enough on my plate - but in this litigious world, perhaps it might be a good idea?

I have also been contacted by Dr Harvey Jay, offering the use of patient photos, of course, after he has sort permission from the individual patients. His web site is www.rosacea.net which links to www.md-laserderm.com The main flushing photo on the rosacea.net web site would make a good addition to the brochure. I couldn't find too many photos that I thought could be used from these web sites and have asked Dr Jay if he has any other photos that he could supply. I am waiting on a reply e-mail and may need to phone him to sort out the details. Will let everyone know the outcome.

Jenny

• Guests
Guest Jenny

In the end, Dr Jay didn't really have the right types of photos we need for the brochure. I'm personally not keen on having the eyes covered or a partial face. To make the brochure more 'real', full faces would be best, I think.

I'm still trying to source an OR and Rhino photo. Sigh!

Any feedback on the legal side of photo use? I don't know enough about it. I would think that an e-mail exchange is enough, yes?

Jen