Demodectic Rosacea

Guide

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I found that article and the relevant sections in Rosacea 101 very helpful. It gives a great overview and history on the relationship between Demodex and Roscea. It also recommends some treatments which were very helpful.

Here are my two remaining questions:

1. Is there a step by step guide to removing demodex out there? I see a lot of treatments, but it would be helpful to have them all in one place with instructions. (Ex: Start by taking X mg of ZZ cream or Ivermectin every day. Change your bedsheets/pillow cases every two days. Perform lid scrubs once a day).

2. Has there been evidence of anyone's flushing rosacea (subtype 1) getting better after any of these methods?

Thank you,

- Russell

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin
On 9/7/2014 at 1:00 PM, Mister_Twiggy said:

Hello,

I found that article and the relevant sections in Rosacea 101 very helpful. It gives a great overview and history on the relationship between Demodex and Roscea. It also recommends some treatments which were very helpful.

Here are my two remaining questions:

1. Is there a step by step guide to removing demodex out there? I see a lot of treatments, but it would be helpful to have them all in one place with instructions. (Ex: Start by taking X mg of ZZ cream or Ivermectin every day. Change your bedsheets/pillow cases every two days. Perform lid scrubs once a day).

2. Has there been evidence of anyone's flushing rosacea (subtype 1) getting better after any of these methods?

Thank you,

- Russell

Russell, 

Suggest you read this article and scroll down to TREATMENT and ANECDOTAL REPORTS. 

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin

IPL Kills Mites

"At a recent conference he reported that IPL appears to kill mites around hair follicles and sebaceous glands, which could make it useful in treating rosacea."

Dispelling the Mystery of Demodex
Issue Number: Volume 15 - Issue 1 - January 2007
By Neal Bhatia, M.D., and James Q. Del Rosso, D.O., F.A.O.C.D., Using Intense Pulsed Light

• Guide featured this topic
  • Guide unpinned this topic