Medicinal Herbs for Skincare Analyzing the Terms

Guide

• Root Admin

262px-Dongibogam.jpg

"We compiled a comprehensive list of candidate medicinal herbs for skincare by analyzing terms employed in the Donguibogam and identified the characteristics of 52 such herbs using SRKs. Each herb exhibited a different skincare function. Our findings will guide the development of new skincare products via experimental and clinical studies....Further in-depth experimental studies are needed, though our work reduces the time required for future experimentation and product development. Our results enhance the understanding of the previously unknown characteristics of medicinal herbs used for skincare and facilitate the discovering additional novel herbs." [1]

The Dongui Bogam (동의보감) is a Korean book compiled by the royal physician, Heo Jun (1539 – 1615) and was first published in 1613 during the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. The title literally means “a priceless book about medicines of an Eastern Country”. [2]

Wouldn't it be novel of a grassroots rosacea non profit organization to sponsor clinical studies on this? What if 10K members of the RRDi each donated one dollar and sponsored these kind of studies into medicinal herbs for skincare?  Why not donate a dollar now to start the process?

End Notes

[1] Integr Med Res. 2020 Dec; 9(4): 100436.
Identification of candidate medicinal herbs for skincare via data mining of the classic Donguibogam text on Korean medicine
Gayoung Cho, Hyo-Min Park, Won-Mo Jung, Woong-Seok Cha, Donghun Lee, Younbyoung Chae

[2] Dongui Bogam, Wikipedia
image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It is an excellent idea to research on medicinal herb. I myself have initiated this work and researched on one such medicinal plant on myself for few months and then posted my article on this work. If everyone donates some money to research on not just one person but cohort studies then it would be a great step because no one has done medicinal herb studies on rosacea before so it would be a big step. please help grow our organization with your one step.