PubMed RSS Feed - - [Improvement of rosacea treatment based on the morphological and functional features of the skin].

rss

[improvement of rosacea treatment based on the morphological and functional features of the skin].

Georgian Med News. 2013 Oct;(223):31-5

Authors: Tsiskarishvili NV, Katsitadze A, Tsiskarishvili Ts

Abstract
Rosacea - a widespread disease sometimes aleak with severe complications, mainly affecting the skin. Irrational and inadequate treatment leads to chronicity of diseases and psychosocial disadaptation of patients. Lately, a clear upward trend in the number of patients in whom in the process of complex treatment manifestations (with the varying degrees of severity) of impaired barrier function of the skin are observed and they need the protection and restoration of the damaged stratum corneum. In patients with rosacea in order to study the function of the facial skin's horny layer we used the skin analyzer BIA (bioimpedance analysis, which in duration of 6 seconds determines the moisture content, oiliness and the softness of the skin) and significant deviations from the norm (decrease in moisture content, fatness and increased roughness) was revealed. These changes were most clearly pronounced in patients with steroid rosacea. To restore the skin barrier the drug "Episofit A" (Laboratory of Evolutionary Dermatology, France) has been used (1-2 times a day for 6 weeks). Evaluation of treatment efficacy was conducted every 2 weeks by means of a scale from 0 to 5 for parameters of dryness, erythema, peeling and expression of subjective feelings. In accordance with received results, using of Episofit A emulsion, especially on the baÑkground of long-term treatment with topical steroids, had a pronounced therapeutic effect. Thus, treatment of patients with consideration of morphological and functional features of facial skin, helps to improve the results traditional therapy, and the drug is highly effective means of the new direction in skin care - corneotherapy aimed to reconstruct and protect damaged stratum corneum.

PMID: 24214590 [PubMed - in process]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24214590?dopt=Abstract = URL to article

A very interesting article, which I hope will hold great promise for those like myself who have severely abnormal keratinocytes that leads to a highly defective and thus severly compromised statum corneum.This in turn allows for the ongoing proliferation and exacerbation of rosacea symptoms and for the sebbhorreic dermatitis in my case to go largely unchecked and to further compund the already complex situation.

Thanks Brady for the article submission.

• 1 month later...
  • Guests
On 11/13/2013 at 1:16 AM, ozmick said:

A very interesting article, which I hope will hold great promise for those like myself who have severely abnormal keratinocytes that leads to a highly defective and thus severly compromised statum corneum.This in turn allows for the ongoing proliferation and exacerbation of rosacea symptoms and for the sebbhorreic dermatitis in my case to go largely unchecked and to further compund the already complex situation.

Thanks Brady for the article submission.

ozmick,

I have added more information here about what the article above calls Episofit A which apparently is actually called Episoft A by noreva.