Neem oil

Suzy

I have been doing some research online about neem oil and it’s supposed to be like nature’s equivalent of ivermectin for demodectic rosacea. Has anyone else tried it?  So far I’ve been using tea tree oil on mainly my nose (I just mix a drop with my daily moisturizer) which recently had a bad outbreak due to stress. 

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Suzy said:

I have been doing some research online about neem oil and it’s supposed to be like nature’s equivalent of ivermectin for demodectic rosacea. Has anyone else tried it?  So far I’ve been using tea tree oil on mainly my nose (I just mix a drop with my daily moisturizer) which recently had a bad outbreak due to stress. 

Neem oil has been mentioned some on the internet for rosacea, but hasn't been popular so there is not enough anecdotal reports on whether this is effective or not. For example, I found one Neem Oil product mentions using it for scabies, but not for demodex. What's the difference?

One report on essential oils for demodex doesn't mention Neem oil but does say, "Essential oils derived from tea tree, sage and peppermint are an effective means against eyelash mites." 
ARVO Annual Meeting Abstract  |   April 2014
Effect of essential oils on the survival rate of Demodex spp.
Maciej K Oseka; Aleksandra Sedzikowska

Do you have any links you can share with us about Neem Oil for demodex?  Let us know how it works for you, please. 

Tea Tree oil has been mentioned quite a bit as effective for demodectic rosacea.  Usually the ratio of Tea Tree Oil to the moisturizer is 50/50. Many report using Rose Hip Oil 50% with Tea Tree Oil 50%, shake well and apply. ElaineA has a post about Tea Tree Oil as well as her borax bath. I personally add three ounces of Tea Tree Oil into a ten ounce bottle of baby shampoo (remove three ounces of baby shampoo) and mix well and use on my scalp, hair, face and body as a cleanser and this has helped me. The ratio is 30% Tea Tree Oil to 70% baby shampoo. 

Terpinen-4-ol is apparently what is in the Tea Tree Oil that kills the mites. 

I actually found it on another forum.  Here it is:  https://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=16423

And then as I read more I found out that neem oil is supposed to have quite a few skin benefits but just wasn’t sure how well it worked for rosacea and especially demodectic rosacea. Anyways, I ordered some on Amazon (cold pressed organic) so will keep you updated on my progress.

• Root Admin
10 minutes ago, Suzy said:

I actually found it on another forum.  Here it is:  https://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=16423

And then as I read more I found out that neem oil is supposed to have quite a few skin benefits but just wasn’t sure how well it worked for rosacea and especially demodectic rosacea. Anyways, I ordered some on Amazon (cold pressed organic) so will keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks for the link. Demodex Solutions is one of our sponsors! Have you seen our cool video on the ZZ cream?

I have added some more info in my original reply to you. 

• Root Admin

Just checked our affiliate store (if you go through our store we receive a small affiliate fee if you purchase that keeps our website going!) and discovered these items contain Neem Oil. Didn't really know about Neem Oil until you started this thread. Thanks for pointing out that Neem Oil seems to be used in many treatments against demodex.  You have started an interesting thread. 

Folliculia Shampoo (Amazon doesn't carry this anymore) • Folliculia Body Lotion (Amazon doesn't carry this anymore)• JustNeem Green Tea Neem Lotion • Ovante Folliculitis Solution • Neema Colada Soap • Neema Colada Antifungal Lotion • Mite S Pack - Sulphur Wash, Cream, Ointments & Essential Oils Kit • Demodocia Face Wash • Demodocia Demodex Face Cream • Demodex Control Therapeutic Towelettes for Face, Eyelids, Eyelashes • Ovante Demodex Control® Natural Anti Demodex Facial Mask • Ovante Demodex Eyes n Mites Lotion • Ovante Demodex Control Anti Demodex Cream • Ovante Demodex Control Body Lotion • Oleavine TheraTree Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil Balm • Ovante Eyes n Mites Demodex Lotion • About Face Organics B3 Cream • Turmeric Cream With Sandalwood, Neem Tulsi • Ovante Demodex Hair Complex Night Formula • Ovante Sulfur Skin Cream • Ovante Demodex Control Therapeutic Towelettes • Ovante Demodex Control Body Wash • Ovante Demodex Control Hair Conditioner • Ovante Demodex Control® Natural Anti Demodex Facial Mask • Demodex Control Anti Demodex Cream • Eyes n Mites Demodex Lotion • Sorion Natural Moisturizing Cream • Ovante Demodex Control Hair Conditioner • Ovante Demodex Hair Complex Night Formula • Ovante Sulfur Skin Cream • Passport to Organics Clear Face Turmeric Cream

If any of the above links don't work at Amazon, let us know in this thread, please. Keeping up with Amazon takes a lot of volunteer time, if anyone wants to assist that would be incredible.