EM Radiation a Rosacea Trigger?

Guide

• Root Admin

UV Radiation from the sun has for many years been associated with rosacea which is a component of EM radiation. For more information learn more. 

EM radiation from lighting, copiers, computer monitors etc.

EM_Spectrum_Properties_edit.png
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

"All radiation is a form of energy, most of which is invisible to the human eye. UV radiation is only one form of radiation and it is measured on a scientific scale called the electromagnetic (EM) spectrum. UV radiation is only one type of EM energy you may be familiar with." 
Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation, FDA

"i have one of those backlight led monitors....anyone notice they flush while looking at it for long time?" bbillcee Thread,

FlushingQueen posts:

“I have spent the past 5 hours researching this strange phenomenon and it turns out I am not the only one out there. Several people in this forum and other experience burning from computer use. The biggest explanation has been electromagnetic fields hypersensitivity:

http://www.science20.com/florilegium...persensitivity 

All the symptoms are explained here. Some people are more sensitive than others, and things like mercury dental fillings (I have FOUR) make people more susceptible...

Could I not have rosacea but just really sensitive to today’s modern technology?”

"All fluorescent lamps emit some UV. Typical fluorescent lamps, including CFLs, which consumers would encounter, emit very low levels of UV. In order to measure any UV radiation from these lamps, very sensitive measuring equipment must be used." 
Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) – Fact Sheet/FAQ, FDA

The above is related to florescent lights which you may find interesting. 

"Some in the lighting business have stated that LEDs do not produce UV radiation. However studies have shown that standard LEDs do create a small amount of UV. That said, the amount of UV they actually emit is even less."
Do LED Lights Produce UV?, Premier Lighting

If you have a comment on this subject, please find the reply to this topic button and post!

• Guide changed the title to EM Radiation a Rosacea Trigger?