Being Positive

Guide

• Root Admin

Just an update on the RRDi. As the end of 2023 was getting closer, there simply wasn't enough donations to keep our website going, not to mention other costs to keep a legal 501 C 3 non profit going. There hasn't been any activity in our member forum for some time now, many months. i was resigned to close up the RRDi since members don't post, only a few donate a few dollars a month. Then in October 2023 one of our members, David Peterson, donated $1000 which kept us going for another year. You can view our financial situation since we are transparent. I have devoted hundreds of volunteer hours for the RRDi in the hopes that some new members might turn our non profit into an active rosacea research and development but so far just haven't been able to generate the support we need to engage with anyone coming forward to volunteer and help. The other board members don't post. I haven't posted for sometime now and feel that since there really isn't anyone considering volunteering to actively support the mission of the RRDi, it may be time to simply shut it down. If you are an active member (there are only a few subscribers) could you post your thought on this? I am trying to be positive, but it looks rather bleak that rosacea sufferers want to unite and do anything except post on social media about rosacea. Actually engaging in rosacea research is left to the skin industry. Rosaceans just like rosacea social media sites and hang out there and do absolutely nothing about uniting as rosacea sufferers and doing anything but post in their favorite rosacea social media. Sure hope this thread generates some posts from anyone else, but I am losing hope.