Fluorescent Lights (and other artificial lights)

Guide

• Root Admin

It is not uncommon for rosaceans to complain about artificial lights, particularly fluorescent lights, computer screens, etc. Whether any of these types of artificial lights actually trigger rosacea or not is something that should be tested in a double blind, controlled study to answer these type of trigger questions. At any rate, it is fun to watch this scene in Joe vs the Volcano where Tom Hanks says, "Zombie lights, I...I..I, can feel them sucking the juice out of my eyeballs. Suck, suck, suck, suck, suck....gghhoooish!!!"

Reply to this Topic

There is a reply to this topic button somewhere on the device you are reading this post. 

More information

• 2 years later...
  • Root Admin

klerescaLogo.png

This is an unusual treatment for rosacea, since we hear complaints from rosaceans about fluorescent lights, there is now a treatment for rosacea using fluorescent light, Klereska®, reported in Clinical Case Reports, that states, "Kleresca® biophotonic platform  utilizing fluorescent  light energy effectively decreased the inflammatory and erythematous reaction common in rosacea subtypes 1, 2, and 3.  Kleresca® may be considered as a single treatment for rosacea, targeting multiple features, or combined with invasive methods for an enhanced normalizing and healing profile of the skin." [1]

kleresca.png

End Notes

[1] Clin Case Rep. 2018 Dec;6(12):2385-2390
Fluorescent light energy: Treating rosacea subtypes 1, 2, and 3.
Sannino M, Lodi G, Dethlefsen MW, Nisticò SP, Cannarozzo G, Nielsen MCE

• Guide changed the title to Fluorescent Lights (and other artificial lights)