Washing Off Soolantra

Guide

• Root Admin

Tom Busby wrote this tip about washing off Soolantra: 

"The base for Soolantra is Cetaphil Cream, according to the patents. This is not Cetaphil Lotion --- the Cream has a little petrolatum and as a result is slightly more occlusive, so it's slightly more difficult to wash off completely. You might find it useful to spend more time washing it off, or use the water stream of a shower to assist in washing it off. It's useful for general skin health to clean the skin completely at least once per day, and occlusive creams make this task a little more difficult. It may be useful for you to spend more time washing your face -- just an idea though.

People with very dry skin like occlusive creams more than other people. Since you asked about comedogenic, I guess you don't have very dry skin.

Here are the ingredients in the Cream, if it's any help -- the () comments are mine: Purified Water, Polyglycerylmethacrylate (hydrogel), Propylene Glycol (increases penetration), Petrolatum (long chain carbon-oil), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate (emulsifier and stabilizer), Glycerin (humectant), Dimethicone (silicone), Dimethiconol (silicone), Cetyl Alcohol (emulsifier), Sweet Almond Oil (medium chain carbon-oil), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (hydrogel), Tocopheryl Acetate (synthetic Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA (chelation), Sodium Hydroxide (activates 1st hydrogel by raising pH during the manufacturing process), Lactic Acid (lowers final pH)

I speculate that the "1% line" in the ingredients comes after petrolatum, and that the petrolatum is about 1.5% to 2%. 

Both silicones aren't soluble in oil or water, and they also make any cream more resistant to washing off."

Rosacea Forum, Tom Busby, post #3

See also: 
Soolantra Mechanism of Action & Basis for the Vehicle