Website feedback

I'd like to have a thread about the website so I can get some feedback, but I'm not sure which forum to put it in.

Basically, I'm interested in usability. I've got a to-do list which I'll try to tackle over spring break, but I need to get ideas from people visiting and using the site.

For example, I know that the forum (unless you bookmarked it) is two clicks away from the home page. That's too roundabout, it should be only one click.

So, any ideas about how to improve the site? (Be nice, keep in mind it's not done yet :wink: )

Hello Steve. Nice job with the website, thanks for your time&&effort.

I have some little suggestions:

I think the nav menu has too many options, maybe some could be merged togheter( like an "about us" menu option that includes : board, founders, history...).

You forgot to fill in the keywords for the template :PPP.

Also, if you need/want an assistant, I could help with some SEO work/site updating....

Kind regards,

Adrian

Thanks, Adrian, you're spot on about the menu, I've been deciding how to make it shorter. It's definitely too big.

If you'd like to come up with a list of keywords, I'll put them in there, no problem. This site is linked to by quite a few big sites (Wikepedia, for instance) so the search results tend to be very good. But, every little bit helps, that's for sure.

PM me regarding SEO, site updating, I'm sure we can work something out.

Hello Steve. Nice job with the website, thanks for your time&&effort.  

I have some little suggestions:  

I think the nav menu has too many options, maybe some could be merged togheter( like an "about us" menu option that includes : board, founders, history...).

You forgot to fill in the keywords for the template :PPP.

Also, if you need/want an assistant, I could help with some SEO work/site updating....

Kind regards,

Adrian

• Guests
Guest Jenny
I'd like to have a thread about the website so I can get some feedback, but I'm not sure which forum to put it in.  

Basically, I'm interested in usability. I've got a to-do list which I'll try to tackle over spring break, but I need to get ideas from people visiting and using the site.  

For example, I know that the forum (unless you bookmarked it) is two clicks away from the home page. That's too roundabout, it should be only one click.  

So, any ideas about how to improve the site? (Be nice, keep in mind it's not done yet  :wink: )

Hi Steve

I hope you don't mind but I changed your thread to a "Sticky" so that it stays at the top, whilst this transition from the old RRDi Forum to this new RRDi Forum is taking place.

I've just copied the posts over from the old RRDi Forum. I didn't know an easier way to do this other than one by one, under my log-in! Another reason why I felt your thread should be pulled to the top.

I just noticed that using the "quote" button didn't seem to put the quoted text into a box for me. Not sure why?

Fantastic job you are doing Steve!

Jenny

• 10 months later...

Web Very Complete, Just Takes New Learning.

Having the send button at top of email window, instead of scrolling down to find it.

Not sure what you can do for elders (SS recepient myself) to make threads/replies easier to visualize. I used to like Compuserves visible techniques.

• Guests

Dr. Bamford,

I really appreciate you trying to figure out how to get around in the forum.

Each post in a thread (forum) is separated by a large grey line.

At the bottom of each post there are some buttons on the right:

EDIT QUOTE REPLY

The edit button allows you to edit a post you did. A Quote brings up what the post says and allows you to reply to the post. REPLY allows you to simply reply without quoting a post. All three buttons on are on the bottom of each post in a thread.

The buttons on the top of each thread are ADD REPLY or NEW TOPIC

ADD REPLY (at the top right of the thread) allows you to reply to the topic (thread) you are viewing.

NEW TOPIC (at the top right of the thread) allows you to start a completely new topic which will then put your post at the top of the thread.

There are many topics (threads) in the forum under the major headings. Thanks so much for your thoughtful posts. We keep trying to improve the friendliness of the forum.

Web Very Complete, Just Takes New Learning.

Having the send button at top of email window, instead of scrolling down to find it.

Not sure what you can do for elders (SS recepient myself) to make threads/replies easier to visualize. I used to like Compuserves visible techniques.