Other Light Devices

Guide

• Root Admin

Photo Dynamic Therapy [PDT] are all light devices used for rosacea treatment, sometimes called Broad Band Light. Some light devices are available in the RRDi affiliate store

Laser has been around the longest and the newest lasers are quite effective for rosacea.

Intensity Pulsed Light (IPL) Therapy is a newer (than laser) treatment for rosaceans. Reports have indicated successful cosmetic improvement for rosacea. However the side effects include skin peeling, potential loss of facial hair and pain. Many have reported having to return after some time (months or years) for more treatment.

The newest treatment for rosacea are LED lamps with various brand name which are are too numerous to mention here, but blue and red light emitting diode based therapy are the two more popular ones. Many rosaceans report buying home LED devices or making a LED device themselves for their rosacea.

If any other light devices become available they will be posted in this section.

RRDi Affiliate Store Broad Band Light Devices

Our affiliate store has a number of broad band light devices available for you to browse

• 6 years later...

Hello, hope you are doing well today. Thank you Brady for posting this information and saving precious time searching and looking for answers. The LED device link doesn't work (none of them do) which I understand links go away and who can keep up updating them?! lol Please share any links or information on LED Devices and making a LED device please, thank you.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Hello, hope you are doing well today. Thank you Brady for posting this information and saving precious time searching and looking for answers. The LED device link doesn't work (none of them do) which I understand links go away and who can keep up updating them?! lol Please share any links or information on LED Devices and making a LED device please, thank you.

Thanks Mollie for pointing this out. They were old links and now I have updated them. There are some other older posts like this that have links similar to this that need updating. If you find any more that would be most helpful. I need volunteers so if you want to be a moderator so you can assist in finding such issues in the forum that would be much appreciated. Let me know if you want to volunteer as a moderator?

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Brady Barrows said:

Thanks Mollie for pointing this out. They were old links and now I have updated them. There are some other older posts like this that have links similar to this that need updating. If you find any more that would be most helpful. I need volunteers so if you want to be a moderator so you can assist in finding such issues in the forum that would be much appreciated. Let me know if you want to volunteer as a moderator?

Thank you for fixing the links, sent you a message.

• Guide pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • Root Admin

"Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a common dermal therapy that utilizes devices that penetrate the dermis to a uniform depth, creating a controlled skin injury. This injury induces rapidly healing micropunctures with subsequent stimulation of collagen and elastin fiber production, resulting in skin remodeling and rejuvenation.9 Microneedling was originally performed with handheld rollers for treating acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and facial rejuvenation; however, microneedling devices have more recently been combined with the delivery of radiofrequency energy to heat underlying layers of skin and enhance dermal remodeling and improved clinical outcomes."

J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2022 May; 15(5): 12–18.
An Open-label Study Assessing the Efficacy and Tolerability of a Post-treatment Skincare Protocol Following Radiofrequency Microneedling for Facial Rejuvenation
Elizabeth Grieshaber, MD,  Alison Glorioso, CMA