What about SIBO and Rosacea?

Guide

• Administrators
On 2/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, Admin said:

Intestinal bacterial overgrowth is really a major thing when considering rosacea because I have experienced personally when I have irritable bowel and disturbed intestine I understand that it is connected to my rosacea and intestinal bacterial overgrowth causes rosacea to worsen.

• 3 weeks later...

At some time I also though that my Roscea has smth to do with the SIBO or another problem with jelaites, but after a series of tests, gastroscopy and colonoscopy, the doctors found nothing that could cause it. Everything was fine.

In a way, it's a pity, because failure to find the cause prevents you from directing your treatment in a meaningful direction. On the other hand, evidently and in fact, my face redness changes significantly depending on what I eat.

• Root Admin
On 3/7/2021 at 10:06 AM, RedMage said:

At some time I also though that my Roscea has smth to do with the SIBO or another problem with jelaites, but after a series of tests, gastroscopy and colonoscopy, the doctors found nothing that could cause it. Everything was fine.

In a way, it's a pity, because failure to find the cause prevents you from directing your treatment in a meaningful direction. On the other hand, evidently and in fact, my face redness changes significantly depending on what I eat.

RedMage, 
It is good you have ruled out SIBO and any other gastric issues. The list of systemic cormorbidities in rosacea related to gastric issues is more than just SIBO, i.e., Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and other GI disorders. If the gut isn't related to rosacea then why do physicians continue to prescribe antibiotics which are released in the gut for rosacea?  And as you point out, we all know that what we eat or drink is somehow related to what happens on our face and we all know what those triggers are, and depending on our self control shows whether we have a clear face or one that breaks out in rosacea inflammation. Finding the cause is as you have pointed out is somehow related to the cure. Finding the cure is the RRDi slogan. So what is your current rosacea regimen to control your rosacea?  You can read my current regimen in my blog

RedVelvet posted something related to your post