Fancy Sounding Proteins Trigger Rosacea?

Guide

• Root Admin

320px-Grapefruits_-_whole-halved-segments.jpg

An article published at mgblifestyle, discusses 'cold and formaldehyde-containing foods' as well as 'a pretty fancy-sounding protein' (actually a couple of fancy sounding proteins) that 'sets off a chain reaction that ultimately results in the release of histamines and cathelicidins by your skin's immune system.' The two proteins discussed in the article are transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) and transient receptor potential alkyrin 1 (TRPA1). 

New Research Shows How Certain Foods & Drinks Affect Rosacea, Alexandra Engler, mgblifestyle

Grapefruit image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

• Administrators
On 7/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, Guide said:

320px-Grapefruits_-_whole-halved-segments.jpg

An article published at mgblifestyle, discusses 'cold and formaldehyde-containing foods' as well as 'a pretty fancy-sounding protein' (actually a couple of fancy sounding proteins) that 'sets off a chain reaction that ultimately results in the release of histamines and cathelicidins by your skin's immune system.' The two proteins discussed in the article are transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) and transient receptor potential alkyrin 1 (TRPA1). 

New Research Shows How Certain Foods & Drinks Affect Rosacea, Alexandra Engler, mgblifestyle

Grapefruit image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Yes actually I went through her article on these proteins and food triggers when I read the heading I thought these natural food items are good when consumed but when I read through it I found that these compounds are found in a very trace amount naturally in these foods and do not cause any problem as such but when these chemical compounds are used as preservatives in food and personal care products, then it is of concern. Obviously we all know that preservatives are very bad for our overall health because it keeps our food fresh for a longer period of time and we can understand that what keeps our stuff fresh whether food or skin products for a longer period of time, would badly affect in a long run and when you are already immune sensitive.

Eat natural as possible as you can which directly comes from nature (whether fruits or vegetables) and don't go overboard with anything. Eat less Packaged foods or remove it from your lifestyle. Understand your body and its functions. See, we take a lot of myths but what suits you, may not suit the other person when it comes to rosacea and it is all about trial and error and you need to find out what suits you best.