Tranexamic Acid Solution

• Root Admin

C_TX-SOLUTION_Vial-5ml.png

There is a new cheap treatment using tranexamic acid solution (Transamin inj/sol 500 mg/5 mL) infused wet dressing for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. The results of an unblinded study of 20 patients resulted with "All patients were improved in the end of the therapy....The improvement lasted more than four months." [1]

Another clinical paper on TXA says, "Finally, TXA repressed the angiogenesis by reducing the number of CD31+ cell and downregulating the expression levels of VEGF in rosacea. In conclusion, our finding defines a treatment mechanism by which TXA ameliorates rosacea symptoms by regulating the immune response and angiogenesis." [2]

Microneedling with tranexamic acid solution was an effective treatment for women with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, according to late-breaking research presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. [3]

"Topical tranexamic acid could improve the epidermal permeability barrier function and clinical signs of rosacea, likely resulting from inhibition of PAR-2 activation and consequent calcium influx. Thus, tranexamic acid could serve as an adjuvant therapy for rosacea." [4]

"Taken together, we report that TA solution soaking is an easy, safe and non-costly approach to improve skin rosacea rapidly, although further randomized controlled trials should be conducted." [5]

"Also, recent studies demonstrated that tranexamic acid inhibits epidermal PAR-2 expression which is elevated in rosacea patients (Zhong et al., 2015). Taken together, these results suggest that combination treatment of minocycline, propranolol, and tranexamic acid may be a possible strategy for treatment of rosacea, especially that involving severe flushing, refractory erythema, and sen- sitive skin." [6]

"Intradermal TXA microinjections is a safe and effective treatment option for ETR. The optimal number of monthly sessions has yet to be determined." [9]

"Topical 10% TXA can reduce inflammatory acne effectively. Adverse effects were minor and treat easily." [10]

We have started a list of TXA over the counter products available through our Amazon Affiliate program if you scroll down to the second comment in this post.

A thread at RF discusses this subject. Any new information will be posted in this thread. If you have something to add please reply to this thread. In this thread, jrlhamcat2 [post no 47] reports, "I've soaked one side of my face about 6 times over around 10 days now. My skin has been getting less red and the flushing has been less frequent and less intense, but on both sides of my face, not just the one I've been treating" and  [post no 60] reports later, "so far it seems like this is a good treatment for reducing subtype one symptoms." 

DERMO PHARMA DNA CREAM TRANEXAMIC ACID + COLLAGEN, by Dermapharma (Switzerland) [7]

A 10% tranexamic acid solution topical is used for erythematotelangiectatic steriod induced rosacea. 

It is also used to treat steroid rosacea. [8]

Search for Tranexamic acid solution in our affiliate store. Also scroll down the second post in this thread for some TXA topical products. 

Dearskin Tranexamic Acid Serum 5%

7in1 Tranexamic Acid Super Serum

Search Tranexamic Acid Solution in the RRDi search engine

Reply to this Topic

There is a reply to this topic button somewhere on the device you are reading this post. If you never heard about this topic and you learned about it here first, wouldn't it be a gracious act on your part to show your appreciation for this topic by registering with just your email address and show your appreciation with a post?  And if registering is too much to ask, could you post your appreciation for this topic by finding the START NEW TOPIC button in our guest forum where you don't have to register?  We know how many have viewed this topic because our forum software shows the number of views. However, most rosaceans don't engage or show their appreciation for our website and the RRDi would simply ask that you show your appreciation, please, simply by a post.  

End Notes

[1] J Cosmet Dermatol. 2018 Aug 11;:
The new therapeutic choice of tranexamic acid solution in treatment of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
Bageorgou F, Vasalou V, Tzanetakou V, Kontochristopoulos G

[2] Int Immunopharmacol. 2018 Dec 19;67:326-334
Tranexamic acid ameliorates rosacea symptoms through regulating immune response and angiogenesis.
Li Y, Xie H, Deng Z, Wang B, Tang Y, Zhao Z, Yuan X, Zuo Z, Xu S, Zhang Y, Li J

[3] Microneedling with tranexamic acid solution
By Admin, March 8, 2017 in Rosacea in the News, RRDi Forum

[4] DERMATOLOGICA SINICA 33 (2015) 112e117
Topical tranexamic acid improves the permeability barrier in rosacea
Shaomin Zhong, Nan Sun, Huixian Liu, Yueqing Niu, Can Chen, Yan Wu

[5] Letters to the Editor, 40 (1), Pages 70-71, (2012) The Journal of Dermatology, Japanese Dermatological Association 
Tranexamic acid solution soaking is an excellent approach for rosacea patients: A preliminary observation in six patients
Myoung Shin KIM, Sung Eun CHANG, Sik HAW, Hana BAK, Youn Jin KIM, Mi Woo LEE

[6] Dermatologic Therapy, 30(3), e12439. doi:10.1111/dth.12439. August 2016
Combination treatment of propranolol, minocycline, and tranexamic acid for effective control of rosacea
Kwon, H. J., Suh, J. H., Ko, E. J., & Kim, B. J. 

[7] See fourth post in this thread

[8] Indian Dermatol Online J. 2020 Nov-Dec; 11(6): 1024–1026.
Topical 10% Tranexamic Acid for Recalcitrant Topical Steroid-Dependent Face
Deepak Jakhar, Ishmeet Kaur, and Sachin Yadav

[9] Tranexamic acid (TXA) Intradermal Microinjections

[10] PubMed RSS Feed - -Adjunctive Treatment for Acne Vulgaris by Tranexamic Acid

Ok. So new on here. I was brought here by the novel TXA treatment and newly published studies that I found online. I read through all pages of the discussion briefly surrounding this topic but I have failed to get a good idea of how to go about getting TXA (powered form and creating own solution, straight product online, products that contain TXA + other ingredients, prescription, etc.). If anyone has updated info on how to go about using TXA, let me know. Please link any recommended products to me on amazon/ebay. I noticed a few on the front page of this forum but they don't look very convincing/trustworthy. Thanks in advance! 

• Root Admin
On 1/28/2019 at 11:34 AM, bigbuda said:

Ok. So new on here. I was brought here by the novel TXA treatment and newly published studies that I found online. I read through all pages of the discussion briefly surrounding this topic but I have failed to get a good idea of how to go about getting TXA (powered form and creating own solution, straight product online, products that contain TXA + other ingredients, prescription, etc.). If anyone has updated info on how to go about using TXA, let me know. Please link any recommended products to me on amazon/ebay. I noticed a few on the front page of this forum but they don't look very convincing/trustworthy. Thanks in advance! 

TXA crystals are available at Amazon in this post (scroll through to find banners)