Issues with zinc oxide dryness

Apurva Tathe

• Administrators

Rosaceans always try to use products which can protect their skin from sun rays and try to find the specific products of their needs. It has been said that sunblock is best for rosaceans with sensitive skin than sunscreen because sunblock has mineral composition which is less irritant to skin and protects the skin from UVB rays providing physical barrier so I also started using zinc oxide cream and after a while my skin started becoming very dry, flaky and rough and I could not understand what was causing my skin to get dry and rough and then I found that zinc oxide was the cause of extreme dryness and flaky skin. I know many of you will have suffered from this thing even thinking of doing nothing wrong. So, I have come up with few things : Zinc oxide is an astringent, means it tends to constrict soft organic tissues and so stops secretions like sebum and sweat.So when you apply sunblock cream directly onto your skin since it has thick creamy consistency so we tend to apply it directly onto our skin and it constricts the tissues and stops absorption and secretion because it sits on the top layer of our skin. So what you can do to prevent your skin from excess drying is apply a good amount of moisturizer which suits your skin best and wait for few minutes let it absorb properly and then apply sunblock cream and avoid using frequently when you do not go out and after applying one time you do not need to reapply it. So avoid using frequently and with this practice within one week the excess dryness is less.

• Root Admin

Thanks for the tip Apurva. Finding a SUN BLOCK is not easy, however, I found one: 

21kh6Liiq4L.jpg

You may find this sunscreen interesting even though you said sunscreens tend to dry your skin, probably one like this? 

41a429XzbsL.jpg

The Neutrogena Hydro Boost may be better for your skin or the Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen?

71mAz5r57JL._SX522_.jpg819E+eeaB3L._SX522_.jpg

I tried to find 'sun block' at Amazon and I just get a list of sunscreens and only found that one. I will keep searching. 

The RRDi has collected a number of cosmetics to consider in your search by using our affiliate store