Forum Help

Guide

• Root Admin

Just wanted you to know that we have made this forum so private and the security so tight that MAC members are frustrated in trying to get into the forum and post and find this process tedious and too difficult. 

However, this forum is private to protect primarily our MAC members who have graciously volunteered their time and energy to assist the RRDi. We cannot allow under any circumstances spammers, hackers, or any rude remarks made about our MAC volunteers, or for that matter, any member of the RRDi. 

We have invested in the Invision Power Board software and want to utilize its potential and at the same time make this process of posting on the private forum for members easy for the MAC professionals and all our members.

The problems have been that the MAC professionals forget their user name and password (as well as other members do this same thing). We can easily find anyone's user name if you contact us providing the email address, first and last name of the account you registered and assist you in logging into your account. 

We are currently using IPS Version 4 and you can check out Forum Help for assistance on using the latest state of the art member forum software.

• 2 months later...

Just trying to get in that 15 minutes/month takes time. I'm only now trying to work through some of your basic information.

Most helpful to me, so far:

Telling computer to remember me, signing me in on each of computers (work, home where I have time)

Just as I try to send this to you, Brady, the screen does not say POST or Send. I'll try "+", that ain't it. I have to scroll down to look for it...beyond options, attachments, post icons. Possibly it should be on top as with email sending.

• Guests

Dr. Bamford,

I really appreciate you trying to figure out how to get around in the forum.

Each post in a thread (forum) is separated by a large grey line.

At the bottom of each post there are some buttons on the right:

EDIT QUOTE REPLY

The edit button allows you to edit a post you did. A Quote brings up what the post says and allows you to reply to the post. REPLY allows you to simply reply without quoting a post. All three buttons on are on the bottom of each post in a thread.

The buttons on the top of each thread are ADD REPLY or NEW TOPIC

ADD REPLY (at the top right of the thread) allows you to reply to the topic (thread) you are viewing.

NEW TOPIC (at the top right of the thread) allows you to start a completely new topic which will then put your post at the top of the thread.

There are many topics (threads) in the forum under the major headings. Thanks so much for your thoughtful posts. We keep trying to improve the friendliness of the forum.

Just trying to get in that 15 minutes/month takes time. I'm only now trying to work through some of your basic information.

Most helpful to me, so far:

Telling computer to remember me, signing me in on each of computers (work, home where I have time)

Just as I try to send this to you, Brady, the screen does not say POST or Send. I'll try "+", that ain't it. I have to scroll down to look for it...beyond options, attachments, post icons. Possibly it should be on top as with email sending.

• 7 months later...
  • Guests

Dr. Brodell,

We will continue to try to improve the forum. I will implement a way to reply simply by email.

Brady

I am in agreement that the frustration inherent in the system decreases my participation. Ideally, a question would be emailed to me.....a link to the site.....type into the page that appears with an answer....this would only take 5 minutes and increase likelihood of participation.

• Guide unpinned this topic