Tara O'Desky, D.C. Volunteers for the RRDi MAC

Guide

• 2 weeks later...
  • MAC Member

I am eternally grateful for the members of the forum for sharing their experiences. I spent hours/days/weeks reading posts, articles, and research studies published on the forum. I was determined to figure out what was causing my rosacea, and I did. My dermatologists never mentioned demodex mites or the damage they can do to your skin. Once I learned about this, I was on the right path. I hope to help others through this long arduous process. Please feel free to contact me with any questions! 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RedVelvet said:

I am eternally grateful for the members of the forum for sharing their experiences. I spent hours/days/weeks reading posts, articles, and research studies published on the forum. I was determined to figure out what was causing my rosacea, and I did. My dermatologists never mentioned demodex mites or the damage they can do to your skin. Once I learned about this, I was on the right path. I hope to help others through this long arduous process. Please feel free to contact me with any questions! 

Thank you for this consideration and welcome to the RRDi. I also have seen your work on rosacea on your website and as a practitioner you have lot to tell about different things. I was going to post this as a separate thing but now I can post it here to ask you about this.

Recently my skin got very sandy and rough, little swollen appearance out of no where and if I filled air in my mouth like a balloon it had torn down the skin like dry patches. Even if I drink a lot of water, slather my skin with moisturizer. There is no way of sun exposure as harsh to draw moisture out of my skin. But I know a lot of rosaceans experience this thing at times and this condition automatically goes on its own. Now it is fairly settled down on its own but still completely has to go. but it aggravated the condition of rosacea as if triggering. What is the root cause of this and how to care and cure it naturally  so that it does not appear next time? Thank you...

• MAC Member

Hi Apurva,

I know exactly what you are talking about and I experienced it twice in the past two years. The first episode was after we moved into our new house and I had been under a lot of stress and not eating well. I also considered the possibility that a change in environment could have triggered it. Different water, different air, new sheets/bedding, new washing machine. I think all these things can play a role in reactions when we have sensitive skin. It resolved on its own and then came back a year later for a week. I'm not sure what brought on the second episode, but I did a fast for 2 days which seemed to help a lot. I noticed over the years that whenever I would get the flu and not eat for a few days (and my stomach and colon would empty out) my skin would clear up immediately. So even though I've had food sensitivity testing done with no positive findings, I feel there is still a gut connection. When this occurred I also stopped using all facial products except coconut oil. Thinking back, I think my skin was also reacting to the coconut oil which has antiviral, antibiotic, antibacterial and anti fungal properties (the lauric acid in the oil). Since I had untreated demodex mites at the time I'm sure my skin was experiencing die-off from the coconut oil, which caused even more of a reaction. I would advise you to do a one or two day fast (but continue to drink herbal tea or cranberry juice as needed) until your skin heals and then try to think back on the past week or two if anything changed- medications, laundry detergent, facial products, etc.  It's so hard to figure it all out, but I still believe rosacea can be controlled naturally with enough detective work. I would also advise you to keep a journal of foods, creams, medications, and hormonal changes. Good luck!

• MAC Member
14 hours ago, Apurva Tathe said:

Thank you for this consideration and welcome to the RRDi. I also have seen your work on rosacea on your website and as a practitioner you have lot to tell about different things. I was going to post this as a separate thing but now I can post it here to ask you about this.

Recently my skin got very sandy and rough, little swollen appearance out of no where and if I filled air in my mouth like a balloon it had torn down the skin like dry patches. Even if I drink a lot of water, slather my skin with moisturizer. There is no way of sun exposure as harsh to draw moisture out of my skin. But I know a lot of rosaceans experience this thing at times and this condition automatically goes on its own. Now it is fairly settled down on its own but still completely has to go. but it aggravated the condition of rosacea as if triggering. What is the root cause of this and how to care and cure it naturally  so that it does not appear next time? Thank you...

Hi Apurva,

I know exactly what you are talking about and I experienced it twice in the past two years. The first episode was after we moved into our new house and I had been under a lot of stress and not eating well. I also considered the possibility that a change in environment could have triggered it. Different water, different air, new sheets/bedding, new washing machine. I think all these things can play a role in reactions when we have sensitive skin. It resolved on its own and then came back a year later for a week. I'm not sure what brought on the second episode, but I did a fast for 2 days which seemed to help a lot. I noticed over the years that whenever I would get the flu and not eat for a few days (and my stomach and colon would empty out) my skin would clear up immediately. So even though I've had food sensitivity testing done with no positive findings, I feel there is still a gut connection. When this occurred I also stopped using all facial products except coconut oil. Thinking back, I think my skin was also reacting to the coconut oil which has antiviral, antibiotic, antibacterial and anti fungal properties (the lauric acid in the oil). Since I had untreated demodex mites at the time I'm sure my skin was experiencing die-off from the coconut oil, which caused even more of a reaction. I would advise you to do a one or two day fast (but continue to drink herbal tea or cranberry juice as needed) until your skin heals and then try to think back on the past week or two if anything changed- medications, laundry detergent, facial products, etc.  It's so hard to figure it all out, but I still believe rosacea can be controlled naturally with enough detective work. I would also advise you to keep a journal of foods, creams, medications, and hormonal changes. Good luck!

• Administrators
14 hours ago, RedVelvet said:

Hi Apurva,

Thank you so much for this insight. I also have to find out what bothered my skin. I always keep the things in check. I think the gut thing resonated with me a lot because skin and gut has some connection in rosacea. I also do fast but it's been a long time I didn't. I think I need to do it. Thank you so much.